The parts of the Mayflower:
- The Steerage is the cabin for the ships officers.
- The Gun Room held two guns called minions, they were kept ready to defend against a attack.
- The Round House is the Chart Room where the ship's progress was planned and plotted.
- The Great Cabin was where the master, or captain, his chief officers, and ship apprentice lived, slept, and ate. It was approximately 13 ft by 17 ft.
- The Fo'c'sle was where the cook prepared meals for both the crew and the passengers. It was also known as the Forecastle.
- The Hold was where food and other supplies were stored.
- The Tween Decks was where the Pilgrims lived.
The Mayflower was 180 tons.